Credit Card payment, Maintenace fee surcharge

Ask questions, get answers about Casa del Mar Beach Resort in Aruba. Posts are automatically removed after 120 days of no activity.
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER TO POST MESSAGES IN THIS FORUM

Moderator: bobc

Credit Card payment, Maintenace fee surcharge

Postby cdmadmin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:09 pm

Dear members,

With regard to the recent exchanges re the 5% charged on maintenance fee payments by credit card, please note the following.

It is a simple calculation of numbers. The Resort requires $xxx to cover its expenses which are covered by payment of the maintenance fees in full. If we receive $xxx less the commission charged by the credit card companies, then we will be short of funds. Therefore, to make up the short fall we add a fee for credit card transactions – which also covers the administration involved in such transactions. Note that the additional % is only applicable to the payment of maintenance fees and if you pay your incidental account at the Resort (food and beverage, telephone calls, government taxes, energy surcharges etc.) by credit card, there is no additional as this is considered as part of the cost of doing business for ancillary services offered by the Resort.

For the record, the credit card clearance is through an Aruban bank and not the bank in the USA. The bank account that we set up in the USA – like many other Resorts – is to facilitate ease of payment for our American members. This is very necessary not only because of the speed (read slowness) of the mail to Aruba but also, if we deposit a foreign check into our Aruban account, it could take up to six (6) weeks to clear. Hence, nearly all Resorts have accounts in the USA into which members can deposit payments, get them cleared within a few days and then the Resort will transfer the funds into Aruba as needed.

I cannot speak for the other Resorts that do not charge such a fee but, to hazard and educated guess, since their maintenance fees are higher, maybe there is some provision for such commission calculated into the maintenance fee - just like some Resorts choose to handle the energy surcharges and include them into the maintenance fees as well.

I hope this clarifies the situation.

Regards

Andy Osbourne
cdmadmin
Site Admin

Re: Credit Card paymnet, Maintenace fee surcharge

Postby Wellington-Avenue » Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks Andy, Makes a lot of sense.
Wellington-Avenue

Postby didiccod2 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:19 am

How long before it is billed to our credit card, as i sent payment weeks ago for maintance fee and it hasnt not yet showed up on my credit card?
dmb
didiccod2

Postby didiccod2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:43 am

Does anyone have address or phone number for billing dept in Georgia where we send our maintance fee??
dmb
didiccod2

Postby Wellington-Avenue » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 am

Last edited by Wellington-Avenue on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wellington-Avenue

Postby Kandy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am

Billing address is:
Casa del Mar Cooperative Association
Dept AT 952178
Atlanta, GA 31192-2178
USA
Kandy

Postby didiccod2 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:34 am

Kandy wrote:Billing address is:
Casa del Mar Cooperative Association
Dept AT 952178
Atlanta, GA 31192-2178
USA

txs!
dmb
didiccod2

Postby didiccod2 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:00 pm

Anyone have a pnone number for the billing dept in Georgia where we send our maintanince fee?
dmb
didiccod2

Postby TomFrederick » Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:01 pm

>>>> " Anyone have a pnone number for the billing dept in Georgia where we send our maintanince fee? "
----- Could be wrong but all important billing info is out of CDM in Aruba. Think in Georgia that address is just a bank that deposits our checks into a CDM account. Think even any mailings we get CDM uses a mailing company in the States to save on postage.
Any problems send a E-mail to addresses above. Somone may know the best one to use.
TomFrederick

Postby jsmith3705 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:34 pm

Can we pay maintenance fee on-line?
jsmith3705

Postby Wellington-Avenue » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:21 pm

There is a fee when using your Credit Card and it has been 5%.

I email my member #, Full Name address etc and the CC # to Jessica. If you mail the check to the Billing address there hasn't been an addtional charge.

I use jetBlue American Express and as much as I don't like paying the additional fee of 5% I get jetBlue Reward Points toward my trips to ARUBA. This has been working for years.
Wellington-Avenue

Postby edep » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:33 pm

Just an interesting thought, but ,if you pay your maintaince fee in advance. Then you should not get the 5% charge, because you used your cc. Not sure where you are from ,but in our town there is no xtra charge if you pay your taxes within 30 days with cc!!
We cant get enough time off, to go back to our second home !!
edep

Return to General Q & A About Casa del Mar