CDM

Ask questions, get answers about Casa del Mar Beach Resort in Aruba. Posts are automatically removed after 120 days of no activity.
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER TO POST MESSAGES IN THIS FORUM

Moderator: bobc

CDM

Postby sharonlacey » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:43 am

Just got a call from CDM to make sure I am coming, sent in my form but guess they wanted to double check. Also, I did ask them for cleaning supplies as there will be no housekeeping. My question is how much do you tip your housekeeper if they are just leaving towels? thanks
sharonlacey

Re: CDM

Postby suzeq » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:09 am

We will tip as we normally do.
suzeq

Postby Volleyballdad » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Same here. Be generous
Volleyballdad

Postby sharonlacey » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:34 pm

Thanks, we will!
sharonlacey

Postby JohnnyTram » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:04 pm

So, yes, we want to be generous to the people in Aruba during this time of crisis, and we should tip the towel drop staff. That being said, why does ABC have full housekeeping, even if only 3 days of the week, and CDM has none? If we pay for it in our maintenance fees, I am not understanding why CDM is not employing the staff that needs the work. And another thing - to Bob Curtis - you dont respond to your customer's messages?

Maybe you should listen to feedback, and perhaps you could learn something. Instead of moving people from unit to unit when you know they will be there for two or three weeks, use the 60% of the rooms you have unoccupied to keep your patrons in one place and save the cost of disinfecting more rooms then you need to on a given Saturday. Logistics 101!

I feel for Aruba, and we were lucky to have gotten to enjoy the island before the outbreak started in August, but I am having some difficulty understanding how CDM is managing their property, and why they are not following the same game plan as ABC.
Keep an open mind, and remember there is not enough time on this planet to experience all life has to offer, so do your best with the time you have.
JohnnyTram

Postby beachtime » Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:33 am

Have YOU sent BOB CURTIS an email?
beachtime

Postby bobc » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:04 pm

Dear JohnnyTram,

I missed your message as it is not posted in the Owners Only section, which is where these type of messages should be addressed. This forum is open to all people, including potential buyers or renters of units.

ABC is still providing full housekeeping services. It is the only time-share resort in Aruba doing so. We felt that until the current situation improved both our members and employees would feel safer by limiting contact. On the other end of the spectrum, some resorts do not allow their employees to enter suites at all and require members to leave their linen and trash outside their doors for exchanging.

Your comment about not moving our guests is confusing and not correct. We are certainly limiting room moves and putting members in units that are available for multiple weeks when it is possible. However it is not logistics 101, it is a time-consuming process; Reservations attempts to contact each member personally to confirm if they are coming or not and then assigns them units where they can stay for multiple weeks, if they agree. Unfortunately we still have members who walk in, not having confirmed their stay. Just this past Saturday a member walked in but his suite had been assigned to a member who had been in that suite the week before. He was not happy but fortunately we found an equivalent view suite for him to stay in. So, it is not as easy as you portray it to be and the Reservations team is working very hard these days.

Sir, our Board and management team are managing the resort in the best interests of our members and employees. What other resorts do is what they feel is in their best interest. Why you feel that we should mimic any other resort is mystifying. If you have any positive suggestions please post them in the Owners Only section and we will review them.

Sincerely.
bobc

Return to General Q & A About Casa del Mar