Car Rental Insurance

Ask questions, get answers about Casa del Mar Beach Resort in Aruba. Posts are automatically removed after 120 days of no activity.
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED USER TO POST MESSAGES IN THIS FORUM

Moderator: bobc

Car Rental Insurance

Postby KenK » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:42 pm

What are the laws in Aruba concerning an accident? I ask this
because my credit card only covers my rental car and the people in it.
I was wondering if regardless of the fault of the accident does every
one have to take care of their own medical and repairs on their card.

Would anyone know if the insurance you can buy at the car rental
offer better coverage than using your own credit card built in insurance.

Thanks
Ken
KenK

Re: Car Rental Insurance

Postby ArubaJo » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:43 pm

Check with your credit card company. We have a Capital One credit card that covers car rental insurance even outside the US. A few years ago my husband backed into a divi tree and the tree limb went thru the rear window and damaged the trunk of the car also. The car rental was with Top Drive and we have never taken out the rental insurance with Top Drive. The agent from Top Drive could not have been nicer, met us at our resort and told us not to worry about it on vacation and take care of everything when we get home. They gave us a new car for the rest of our vacation and subitted the info to Capital One. Capital one sent us a document with questions and required documents. I forwarded the email to Top Drive and they took care of everything and copied me on all the correspondence they had with Capital One. Top Drive had charged the car damage to my credit card, but i got the check from Capital one for the entire amount within a week of being home. I have rented from Top Drive for years and have been very happy with them. Capital One also does not charge for the conversion of Aruba money to US dollars. I am very happy with Capital One and Top Drive!
ArubaJo

Re: Car Rental Insurance

Postby KenK » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:21 pm

To my surprise most of the car rental companies include Liability insurance as part of the rental cost.
My credit card (Amex) will cover the Collision.

I was concerned about the Liability.

Ken
KenK

Return to General Q & A About Casa del Mar